Angst on a Shoestring

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Fun with dolls & a Self Esteem Booster

I'll admit. I've always -hated- those "net dolls".
One of the reasons? None of them really looked like me! None had fat bods!
So imagine my delight when I came across 2 dollmakers. Do I think I look -that- hot in real time? No, but it's a heck of a lot closer to my body shape. With so many girls having eating disorders and the phobic way they deal with food, thankfully now there's a little bit of help, albeit online.
I've had the pleasure of having my eyes assaulted by myspace and friendster sites so I know the young ladies out there are hit with "desirable" body types at a dizzying pace. I worry about young fat girls and the beating their self esteem takes. There needs to be more voices, in what ever way, to help them. So ladies, thanks for the dolls.
Missy's Doll Maker

Lori Fury's Dolls


1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Good lord. My daughter will sit for hours making those web dolls. She then copy/pastes the things into this ever-growing photoshop file she keeps. Crazy.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home